Friday, September 18, 2015

Still Here

Found out at 6:30pm on Thursday that we were gonna be spending the night here again. All afternoon I had been led to believe we'd be going home. 

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. 


Dr Jung walked in and talked to us at great length about WHY he was keeping him. It's important, yes. I understand. I get it, but I don't really want to get into the specifics. 


ALL I needed to hear was....

"If it were MY baby, I would want him here."

Thank you, Dr Jung for putting on your Dad Hat for a minute because those ten words resonated with me more than anything about wheezing and bronchioles.

Doug stayed with the baby so I could go home, shower, grab some things, and most of all, SNUGGLE my big kids. They've been through a lot this week too. Hearing Mallory's choked up voice say, "I just want us to be a family again" was enough to make the tears flow. 

But (there's always a but!) her bedtime devotion was focused on allowing God to be in control. We looked at each other and giggled because time and time again her "Jesus Calling" devotion for the day meets us EXACTLY where we're at. 


Biggest victory for the night was the best sleep both Grant and I have had in a week. That doesn't mean I'm not counting down the minutes til my first sip of coffee.  


1 comment:

  1. You all certainly have been through a lot this week. My heart continues to go out to you all and prayers continue to wing up.

    Love you so much!

    XOXOOXOX

    ReplyDelete