Monday, September 14, 2015

Waiting

We had some victories over night. His IV is still in tact. Yay!  That sock must have compressed it just enough to make him more comfortable. 


Because of that, he slept better. And because HE slept better, MAMA slept better!  It may sound silly, but my prayer last night was that I'd get at least one good two hour stretch of sleep so that I could face a new day with endurance to remain faithful and strong for Mr. Grant. 


Not only did I sleep for two hours straight, but after waking late in the 12:00 hour to change and feed him, I then slept for THREE straight hours. It helped that the order for checking his vitals was extended to every four hours. 

First thing I did was look at his heart rate and found it in the 140s & 150s. MUCH better than last night. We are currently snuggled up in the chair and it continues to remain lower. 

 
If be lying if I didn't say there was a part of me that was hanging on to hope that his eyes would open with the sunrise. It doesn't look like that will be the case, but that's ok!  Prayers have overwhelmed me with patience and I know it will be oh, so worth the wait. 


Praying the next post brings a pic of my smiling son!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying that the smiling picture is posted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're getting some sleep, too. Those peepers will be staring up at you soon.

    Hugs and love.

    XOXOOXXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete